With the holidays upon us, we asked our friend The Nomad Cook to create a drink that’s simply perfect. Inspired by our BC Organic Apple Toffee cultivar, he came up with something just as delicious.
We’re not sure about you, but here at Simply Bare we started decorating, making tasty treats and yummy drinks earlier in the month than usual. With that in mind, we’ve asked our friend Travis Petersen (aka The Nomad Cook) to help us get in the spirit with some holiday drinks inspired by BC Organic Apple Toffee.
This Honey Apple Cider is exactly what the season calls for. Here’s how to make it at home:
1. In a medium sized pot add your apple cider, apple juice, grapefruit peel, rosemary, cinnamon sticks and nutmeg.
2. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
3. Pour into another bowl through a strainer twice to discard the aromatics.
4. Add honey to taste.
5. Finish with sliced apple garnish.
Chefs Prep Notes:
● Peel your grapefruit
● Prepare thinly sliced apple garnish
● Prepare infused honey
Terpenes are known as the aromatic properties giving cannabis its distinct smells, from floral and earthy notes to musky and citrusy ones. The terpene Farnesene, found in Simply Bare’s BC Organic Apple Toffee, is responsible for the familiar “green apple” aroma. Farnesene is also found in green apples (represented in this recipe!), pears and other fruits and turmeric, and has anti-inflammatory properties and can induce a calming effect.
Never miss out on any news or product updates again. Sign up